ODOMETER TAMPERING AND FRAUD
Website keywords, odometer tampering, fraud, claim, legal,
odometer fraud, odometer rollback, claim, defect, odometer rollback claim.
This site is devoted to odometer fraud and odometer rollback claims. We provide a free consultation on your odometer tampering or fraud claim.
The cost and value of a vehicle is based upon its mileage. Under federal law, an automobile dealer is required to state the mileage on a used or new vehicle or state that the odometer reading is unknown. When the odometer statute is violated, a legal claim can be made for:
1) violation of the state consumer fraud or deceptive practices statute,
2) violation of the federal odometer law, and its regulations,
3) breach of express and implied warranties.
FEDERAL ODOMETER LAW Motor Vehicle Cost Information Act, 49 U.S.C. Section 32704
1. (It shall be unlawful for a person) "with intent to defraud, operate a motor vehicle on a street, road, or highway if the person knows that the odometer of the vehicle is disconnected or not operating; or
2. The owner of the vehicle or agent of the owner shall attach a written notice to the left door frame of the vehicle specifying the mileage before the service, repair, or replacement and the date of the service, repair, or replacement.
3. A person transferring ownership of a motor vehicle shall give the transferree the following written disclosure
A) Disclosure of the cumulative mileage registered on the odometer,
B) Disclosure that the actual mileage is unknown if the transferror knows that the odometer reading is different from different from the number of miles the vehicle has actually traveled.
(b) Mileage Statement Requirement for Licensing. - (1) A motor vehicle the ownership of which is transferred may not be licensed for use in a State unless the transferee, in submitting an application to a State for the title on which the license will be issued, includes with the application the transferor's title and, if that title contains the space referred to in paragraph (3)(A)(iii) of this subsection, a statement, signed and dated by the transferor, of the mileage disclosure required under subsection (a) of this section
odometer fraud, deception, odoemter rollback, used car fraud, lemon law, odometer tampering, vehicle defect, fraud odometer, lawyer, odometer rollback scheme, federal odometer law
Law Offices of Howard A. Gutman, (odometer fraud
230 Route 206, Flanders, New Jersey 07836, email firstname.lastname@example.org
New York Office
305 Madison Avenue, Suite 449
New York, New York 10165 (212) 886-4838 (please call our NJ office for initial consultations)
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
We offer a free initial telephone consultation to discuss your lemon law case. Please feel free to call or e-mail our office.